Whether its laser removal for hair, acne scars, tattoos or varicose veins, there are certain qualities consumers should look for when scouting for the best medical laser treatment providers.
Considering the end goal is to improve your appearance, doing your homework and finding a skin care professional that will prioritize your needs is of the utmost importance.
On your search for the best medi-spa or laser treatment facility, here are three non-negotiable characteristics to look for.
1. Cutting edge laser hardware
Let’s say you’re seeking a medi-spa or laser professional to have some work done. There is a question you should ask: Does this skin care professional rent or buy his laser treatment machines?
If this professional rents his laser devices as opposed to buys, that’s a good sign. It means the facility is working with the most cutting edge laser devices on the market. We’ve long said that laser treatment machines are like mobile phones. Significant advances are made every 2-3 years, putting your once-cutting edge smartphone on the fast track to extinction. Hence, the reason behind our advocacy for renting laser treatment devices rather than buying.
Medical laser treatment devices such as the Profound has surged in popularity while the GentleMAX, Gentle YAG and GentleLASE remain popular and effective. It is equally important to know the machine providers with which the medical laser treatment professional is working. Companies such as Candela, Syneron and Palomar are among the most reputable names that remain on the forefront of the best technology.
2. Reviews, testimonials, before-and-afters are great, but…
We see dermatologists, medi-spas and laser treatment centers showcase their client testimonials and before-and-after treatment photos online, which is very effective marketing. Positive reviews are a powerful marketing tool.
But we recommend consumers take it step further and conduct their own research:
- Use social media to interact directly with previous or current clients
- Seek reviews websites such as the Better Business Bureau, Yelp and Google — these are third-party review platforms that cannot be faked.
- Additionally, the best laser treatment facilities will offer in-person consultation at no cost — clients should take advantage of this (and bring plenty of questions).
In the effort to improve appearance, there is no such thing as too much research or dumb questions.
3. Look for registrations and certifications
The clinic or medi-spa you’re considering should have certifications and accreditations such as:
- American Board of Medical Specialties
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Associated Skin Care Professionals
- Society for Clinical and Medical Hair Removal
- Better Business Bureau Accredited
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery
Contact us for a medical laser treatment demo today
Medical Laser Technologies services all of New England as well as New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. For a product demonstration on the latest medical laser treatment devices and best practices, contact us at 1-800-905-LASER (5273).